Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm just not that into you.

I’m just not that into you.

I’m weary of reading about all the provisions in the stimulus/spending bill. It makes my stomach hurt in that angry-but-helpless way. I’m irritated by politicians of all stripes who think they should decide how MY money is spent and how MY life should be lived.

So, I want to tell the leaders in Washington, DC, en masse:

“I’m just not that into you.

“I mean, I know you mean well, or you think you mean well. And I’m sure that some countries would be thrilled to have you as their significant other. But, honestly, you just make me feel smothered. Please stop calling me and asking for more money. Please stop promising to do things for me when it seems like I’m always the one paying the bill. Stop boasting about the decisions you’re making to change my life. I don’t think my life is so bad!

“I’m really looking for a government that isn’t in my face all the time. A government that gives me my space. One that respects my individuality and ideas. One that doesn’t judge me or talk down to me. But you… you aren’t that government. So. I’m sorry, but I’m just not that into you.”

Submitted by ASO member: Jean Card

No comments:

Support free speech

Join us on these social networks:

Facebook

LinkedIn

MySpace

YouTube

Twitter

Got a question?

Read the FAQ here

Paid for by AmericaSpeakOn.org, an organization focused primarily on nonpartisan education and advocacy on the issue of free speech and other important civil rights.

AmericaSpeakOn.org is a 501(c)(4) organization.

Donations are not tax deductible as charitable contributions.